4 Dec 2010

Where the wild things are : Facial animation of Carol 2009


Facial animation Of Carol Where the wild things are 2009 from BANBAN animation on Vimeo.



In 2009 I animated in Framestore facial of Carol, lead character of the the movie Where the wild things are.
This movie is quite special to me, different and poetic.
For this job, we had to focus only on the facial.
We were lucky to have the opportunity to work directly with the Director Spike Jonze, who came onsite at Framestore.
I particulary enjoyed this project, I really like the actor James Gandolfini who is starring as Tony Soprano in the famous HBO TV series The Sopranos, he is the actor voice for Carol.
Schedule was tight but fortunately we had everything we needed to do our job in the most efficient way. We had actor references and also spoting sessions from Spike giving instruction performances for each character for every shot, I believe it was a huge amount of work, and along with his talent I respect him for having done such a hard work to help us in our own task.
It was so good to have a director who knows exactly what he wants and knows how to communicate it to us...
Black and white scenes have been animated by a colleague animator and I have left them in my reel for continuity purpose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment